Five weeks ago I posted here about joining a gym. I’m still going! Does that count as an achievement? Maybe. If I’d made going to the gym a New Year’s Resolution I’d be into February. The common wisdom is that that is unusual.
I actually like going to the gym. Previously I exercised using wii fit. Despite the wii being in my flat, obviously, I never quite felt like exercising. There was no time before work and I was tired after work. The gym is better exercise yet doing that after work feels easier. This is probably because when you get home you want to slump.
The annoying thing about the gym is the music. Sometimes there is multiple competing music. The gym is open plan so when there is a class it’s music, or in my view noise, plays on top of the general music. Meanwhile I’m trying to listen to my own music.
Exercising with music makes it easier. I find it gives you something to aim for. When the current treadmill level gets too difficult I’ll try and wait to the end of the song to reduce it.
The music is my only real gripe about the gym. It does seem just a tad strange to have it when most everyone has MP3 players or phones.
What’s on my gym playlist?
Okay I’ll tell you.
Don’t judge me.
I actually have three playlists, of different lengths, because sometimes you only feel like exercising for a short time. This is my long playlist…
- Star Trek: The Next Generation – Main Title – (Without voice-over and the tune is a little different)
- Go the Distance – Emma Blackery
- Dancing in the Rain – Ruth Lorenzo
- Would You Be Happier? – The Corrs
- Hunter of Stars – Sebalter
- Bring it All Back – S Club 7
- Tick – Tock – Mariya Yaremchuk
- Hard Rock Hallelujah – Lordi
- Calm After the Storm – The Common Linnets
- Two in A Million – S Club 7
- 99 Red Balloons – Nena
- Children of the Universe – Molly
- Everybody Wants Ya – S Club 7
- Opa – Giorgos Alkaios & Friends
- Fear the Future – Emma Blackery
- Shine – Tolmachevy Sisters
- No More Cry – The Corrs
- Satellite – Lena
- I Quit – Hepburn
- Star Trek: The Next Generation – End Credits
Yeah… Star Trek, Eurovision, S Club… well there you go….